I don’t know about you, but when I am shopping online one of the first things I look at are the reviews! Did the bathing suit I’m about to buy on amazon fall apart on the first wear? Is this watch all it's cracked up to be? Reviews are currency in the age of online shopping, and shopping for your wedding venue should be no different! WeddingWire, one of the web’s top search engines for all things wedding, is a great resource for couples everywhere. Here are the top five wedding venues in the Upstate, based on reviews.
1. Poinsett Hotel- With a rich history and several ballrooms and event spaces to choose from, the Poinsett ranked first on reviews. An extremely popular venue, they are heavily booked all year round. In the center of downtown Greenville, the Poinsett’s indoor venue space and brick front is a Greenville staple everyone will recognize!
2. Zen- Another busy downtown Greenville location, is a modern indoor- covered outdoor event space that has a chill feel. An adaptable space, Zen has hosted art exhibits, fashion shows, birthday parties, and more. With its city feel in the west end of downtown Greenville, Zen is a venue that can chameleon to your style!
3. Larkin’s- Larkin’s is a chain of several event spaces encompassing: Shirley Roe Cabaret Room, The Founder’s Room, Larkin’s Sawmill, and Larkin’s Courtyard. With several spaces to choose from, variety is the name of their game. Larkin’s boasts catering with all their event spaces from their restaurant, Larkin’s on the River, which specializes in seafood. Larkin’s is a great location for the barrel-bar style couple!
4. Duncan Estate- Located in Spartanburg, this old south home-made wedding venue has a plantation feel for the most southern of Belle’s! With an indoor and outdoor event space, the choice between a garden wedding or an indoor one is available. A 200-count guest cap makes this a great wedding venue for the couple that wants an intimate wedding.
5. Events at Sapphire Creek- Boasting an incredibly adaptable indoor and outdoor space, encompasses nature and elegance like no other! With an indoor event space that can be modified to any couple’s needs and an outdoor garden space with a flowing creek, Sapphire Creek has a peaceful and refined ambiance. This venue also offers full event planning, in-house floral design, and custom designed décor.